Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Nothing in Common: Part 2

Nothing in Common: Part 2

An unexpected romance.

Based on a post by Silver Fox Mullet. Listen to the Podcast at Steamy Stories.


https://archive.org/download/winter-short-stories/NothingInCommon2.jpg

"Okay Mom." I looked at my clock, and it really was late. Holy shit, where did the time go? I made sure my hair wasn't a total mess, and straightened my clothes a bit. I looked at Devin as he got himself in order. I especially watched as he adjusted that lump in his pants. I hadn't had any experience with one of those yet, and wondered if he was indeed the one with the punch for my V-card. No, No, No, do not go there, do not even think that.

I walked Devin to the front door and kissed him goodnight. After he got his coat and boots on, I kissed him again. Once he'd gone, I turned and found my Mom standing there with a bemused expression on her face.

"So. You two were awfully quiet upstairs, for an awfully long time."

"I, uh, yeah. I guess I have a new boyfriend."

Her eyebrows went up. "Oh, really? And all that 'not a date' stuff, and 'only studying'? What was what? Denial? Exaggeration? BS?"

I sighed and said "Denial. Sorry. I didn't think we had anything in common."

"What makes you think that it's the common stuff that makes people like each other? Why do you think they say opposites attract?"

And now it made sense. Devin was so different from the sports jocks I'd dated before. So very different. Everything about him was new to me.

"I wish life wasn't so complicated." I said.

Mom smiled and said "Oh honey, life isn't complicated unless you make it complicated." Then she glared at me. "And I don't have to tell you that teen pregnancies are complicated, do I?"

"What the hell? "Mom? We just kissed like for the first time. I don't plan on going that far until I meet the man I want to marry."

"Okay, I'm just making sure you understand that there are consequences when you make bad choices, or even good choices."

"I know, I know." I said.

Mom had sat me down when I had my first period; and explained in shocking detail, all about sex, pregnancy, and birth control. Everything from A to Z. When my friends or teammates talked about sex and stuff I heard the most outlandish things from them. All kinds of misinformation and outright crap. But I knew better. I had the facts.

Of course, when I got to school on Thursday I had to face both Devin and my friends. It was glorious and excruciating at the same time. I was walking to my first class with Marr and Theresa; when I encountered Devin and a couple of his friends.

We slipped an arm around each other and smooched. "Good morning!" I said.

"Great morning, you mean. It was already good before you kissed me."

"See you at lunch?"

"Can't wait. See you." he said, followed by another quick kiss as we separated and went off to class.

Marissa and Theresa were beside themselves. I think the only thing that kept them from screaming was that they were in shock so deep that they were unable to breathe. "I knew it!" Marr hissed. Then she glared at me and said "You never called last night like you said. You owe me words, lots of words."

We'd arrived at our class so I said "Later." When the class ended Marr and Theresa cornered me. I told them Devin had come over to my house last night, we'd studied, and then I took him up to my room and we made out until like midnight. "It was so late by the time he left I didn't have time to call you."

"Weren't your parents home?"

"Yeah, so what? My Mom was the one who suggested I take him to my room."

"Oh My God! He must've made quite an impression on your parents to allow that."

"You know my Mom, she'll let me do anything I want as long as I'm prepared to accept the consequences. And Dad, well, Devin has a classic car and Dad was too busy drooling over it to even notice us kissing goodnight."

The students for the next lecture were starting to arrive, so we rushed off to our classes. I was not going to hear the end of this from Marr, that was for sure. Well, Devin had said 'see you at lunch' so if I ate with him I'd be away from my usual group. And maybe I could avoid my friends' histrionics.

Lunch was different. Devin and I met in between our usual tables. I looked at him, and then his table, where some of his friends were staring at us. He looked at my friends nearby, who were literally gawking slack-jawed at us, and said "Your place or mine?"

"Neither. Let's go over there." I said, pointing towards the far corner of the cafeteria.

"Good idea." he nodded and we walked away from our tables full of dumbfounded friends. We sat at one end of a corner table, near a couple of Goth girls. They glared at us at first but otherwise ignored us after that.

"So, how are your friends taking our new status?" he asked.

"Lunatics, all of them. My love life is now their most prized possession. They pick it up and play with it, and talk about it, and pick it apart and put it back together in the weirdest ways they can think of."

He laughed, almost choking on his sandwich. "My friends are all warning me off. They've spotted a dozen red flags already and they've only got started."

"Red flags? For what? I'm perfect, I'll have you know."

He started ticking points off on his fingers. "You're a Jock. They think you'll be like some dominatrix and turn me into some weak and whiny simp. Like They aren't exactly like that, pift. You're too tall. Your friends are too bitchy and weird. Hah! Like my friends aren't just as weird. We got nothing in common, like that matters. And on and on."

"What about my, uh, my chest?" I said, pushing out my meager bust.

"Yeah, that too. Apparently I can do so much better than Flat Girl. Sorry."

"No. They're right. I am Flat Girl."

He looked a little angry all of a sudden. "Hey. Devin. Look, I like you, I think you're cool. I like how you look. I, uh, I like your tits. I wouldn't change anything about you. At least not yet. Maybe I can find something that needs work, if I look real hard."

I stole a glance at the Goth chicks but they weren't paying us any attention. "You like my tits? Really?" I whispered.

"Yeah. Really."

"Well. That's a first."

"'That's a first'? That's a crime. Wait till I get you alone again."

Jesus. Devin knows how to find, push, and crush all my buttons. I've had guys be forward with me, but it always felt slimy and I'd brush them off. Devin does it, and I feel all hot and bothered. And I wanted more.

"And when would that be?" I asked him.

"I guess we have to compare schedules." he said, pulling out his phone. I pulled mine out and he raised an eyebrow. "You know a schedule is a type of list, Miss No Lists?"

"Maybe your list about me is incomplete." I said archly. That made him laugh.

We compared our very busy calendars and discovered that we had only a few times a week when we were both free. Few, but not none, thankfully. Mostly late in the evenings, like after 9. He was working this Saturday, so tonight and Sunday were our best options this week. And we could always squeeze in an hour or two like last night. My insides quivered when I thought of those kisses. Yeah, even an hour or two here and there would be great.

Both groups of our friends

were now acting like loonies, as if our relationship was the most newsworthy thing that had ever happened in all of history. That was tiresome to say the least. The only silver lining was that the two groups didn't mesh well, so they never got together to gang up on us. That would have been unbearable.

We didn't really have much of a social life together, at least outside of hanging out at each other's house whenever we could. School, sports, rehearsals, and jobs took up most of our time and kept us apart. Our relationship was new enough that we spent a lot of our time together just talking. Yeah, there was some smooching, which made me all hot and bothered, but no more than that. That was something we talked about, too. How far we wanted to go, and when. It's not like we made a schedule or anything, we just agreed to keep our hands above clothing. Groping was Okay, but no skin.

Valentine's Day was amazing. Damn, my whole romantic ideal thing was rung like a bell when Devin arrived to pick me up for the school dance. He was just everything I ever wanted out of a date. Stylish, polite, and romantic. And he could dance! Oh my god, could he dance! What the hell should I have expected from a Drama Nerd? We had an awesome time, and I kissed him goodnight hard enough to make him stagger back to his car like he was wasted.

When the seasons change, so does my sports schedule. That meant finding time to get together changed too. But it was spring, so nice weather was happening, and we could hang around outside or go for romantic walks in the park to see the trees and flowers in bloom. Again, a Drama Nerd is pretty much guaranteed to be a romantic. I ain't gonna say I was in love, but I liked him a whole lot and we had fun together.

Devin was coming over for dinner,

so I was in the driveway shooting some hoops while I waited for him. He pulled up out front when he saw me out there, instead of pulling into the driveway and squeezing me out of my court. I had a boyfriend last year who would just roll up and I'd basically have to jump out of the way. I liked Devin better every day.

"Hey you." he said.

"Hey yourself. Wanna shoot a few?"

"I dunno. I'm not very good at this."

"Come on, give it a try. I'll go easy on you."

"All right. What are the rules?"

"We take turns making plays for the net. Winner is the first to score five baskets."

"Okay. I guess."

"Here, you go first." I said as I bounced him the ball.

Devin dribbled a couple of times then went towards the net. He telegraphed his moves so much I couldn't help but take the ball from him. And he ended up on his butt.

"Oh shit! Sorry. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, my dignity has a bigger bruise than my rear end."

Then it was my turn. I set up, and took the ball in. It was like he wasn't even there. He fell for the easiest fake ever and I laid the ball in the net.

"Whoa." he said. "What was that? I though you said you'd go easy on me?"

"I did go easy on you. Here, your turn."

Once again he ended up sprawled on my driveway and I had the ball.

"I'd hate to go up against you for real. Yikes." he said as he dusted himself off.

This time I kept one hand behind my back. I still beat him easily. Same for defending against him. I could beat him easy with one hand. He noticed what I was doing, and shook his head.

"How much of a handicap are you going to need to play with me?"

"Uh, probably four shots of rum and tie my right hand to my left ankle?"

He laughed and tossed me the ball. We played for another ten minutes, me with my right hand in my pocket and I beat him on every point. I'll say this, any other guy I'd ever met would have been pissed and would have walked away, angry because he got beat by a girl, but not Devin. He just laughed and kept playing. Not because he had a chance, but just because he was with me, I think.

Romeo and Juliet

was awesome! We never did that play in English class, we red the Merchant of Venice instead. Of course I was maybe a bit biased because my boyfriend was playing the lead. I was also a bit jealous of his scenes with Rachel. She played Juliet, and she was an absolute fox. But the way Devin came looking for me after the show and the way he wrapped me up in that hug of his, oh, yeah, that was nice. I guess performing pumped up his adrenaline or something because he was a lot more 'on' than his usual laid-back self.

A bunch of the girls were mooning over him after the play, because he did such an awesome job of playing the forlorn romantic star-crossed lover. And the rumors that started running wild about him and Rachel were ridiculous. Really? Some of the stuff I heard was worse than stupid, it was downright moronic. And all of it just rolled off Devin like he was teflon. None of the crap stuck, he was the same guy as always, and the same to me too. Better, even, to judge by the kisses I got.

Our relationship had progressed,

to where our parents were giving us the stink-eye when we were up in my room or his for too long with the door shut. Before, they knew it was too soon for anything serious to happen, but now, well... Now we were like a real couple, holding hands and kissing and cuddling. And going out on real dates when we could get our time off lined up. Our folks were worried that we were heading off down that road to 'next steps'. Despite my Mom being very relaxed about my life choices, even she was making comments.

Devin and I talked about it, and we were both onside with waiting, and not taking those significant steps yet. So, no sex. But we were going a little further now. Second base had been rounded, woo hoo! And Devin really did seem to like my boobs, despite their lack of heft. That was both surprising and gratifying. More than gratifying, it was practically orgasmic. And it unfortunately gave me the confidence to consider stealing third. Not doing it, no, just... considering it. For later. Maybe.

Prom was another amazing night.

You want a romantic date, go out with a drama nerd. No dress in the world was gonna give me cleavage or make me look like a supermodel, but you wouldn't have known that from Devin's reaction. It was like his eyes were glued to me and he only left my side when one of use had to hit the washroom. Neither of us danced with anyone else all night, even though a lot of girls asked him, he said 'no thank you' and danced with me instead.

We'd booked a room at the hotel for after Prom, which generated a shitstorm of nagging and worry from our parents. But were 18 and we knew what we were doing, and knew what we would not be doing. Yes, we would be sleeping together, and there would be some fooling around, but no sex. It wasn't so much the promises we made to our parents but the promises we made to each other that set those limits.

That night was a perfect end to a perfect evening. Devin was careful not to overstep boundaries and didn't push me for any more than cuddling and kissing. Knowing that you can trust a person to that extent was a new thing for me. For him too I think. All our friends knew we spent the night together and assumed we had sex. It didn't matter if we denied it or not, it would not change their minds. They knew. Or they thought they did. Whatever.

Exam time rolled around,

and we were busy studying all the time. All my practices and games were done with, but I still went to the pool and the gym a lot to stay in shape. I mentioned to Devin that maybe he could join me at the pool some time.

"I know you're not doing anything that early in the morning, so I was wondering if you wanted to join me at the pool? I usually do a bunch of laps, just to keep up my cardio. That is, if you even know how to swim?" I dug at him.

Devin looked a bit aggrieved. "Hey! I know how to swim, I got all the fitness and swimming badges in Scouts. I just don't compete or anything like that."

"Ah, okay. So you wanna come with me tomorrow to swim?"

"Sure. What time?"

"Pick me up at six."

His eyes went wide and he said "Six? Like AM?"

I grinned at him. "Yeah, I don't have get up so early anymore, I get to sleep in till then."

He rolled his eyes at that but agreed to pick me up.

We got to the pool,

and separated to head for our respective change rooms. I was a little nervous because once again I was probably gonna embarrass Devin with my physical prowess. This time in public, instead of in my driveway or my back yard or wrestling on my bed. I knew he was an easy-going kind of guy, not all hung up on having a macho image, but still, this kind of thing can sting.

To take a little bit of that sting out of the situation I'd bought a new suit. A two-piece. My usual standard was a one-piece racer-back. It had pretty good coverage and stayed on even when you were diving or being really active in the water. This new one was a bikini. A tiny one. It was like a bunch of string and some little triangles of fabric. I was afraid I'd lose the silly thing the first time I tried to do more than a leisurely backstroke. So it would probably slow me down as well as give Devin a thrill.

I walked nervously out of the change room and looked for Devin. There he was, in a pair of loose fitting trunks. Thank god he wasn't like the guys on the swim team with their little speedos. Those were just so wrong. Actually, the meager bit of swimwear I had on was just as wrong. What had I been thinking?

Then Devin turned and saw me. I think I blushed several shades of red on various body parts as he gazed at me. Holy shit, that look on his face was awesome. Oh yeah, this boy really really liked me. "Like what you see?" I asked.

"Wow. Devin, you are absolutely beautiful."

"Why thank you. I do try to dress to impress."

"Uh, so, can we get into the pool now? I'm afraid I'll have an embarrassing reaction if I have to stand here looking at you looking like this."

I laughed at him and slipped into the pool. Looking back at him, he had a stunned look on his face. Yup, this bikini was well worth the price. He got into the pool and we swam over to the lanes to do some laps. The new suit felt weird, like it was gonna fall off any second, and that really kept my pace down. Despite that, Devin seemed to have to work hard to keep up with me. We did our laps and stretched in the shallow end for a few minutes to let our muscles loosen up a bit before heading back to the change rooms.

When we met back outside Devin asked me if I wanted to go on a canoe trip with him the weekend after exams were over. An overnighter, he called it. I knew we both had the time off from work, so yeah it was possible.

"Camping? You mean, like spending the night together? In a tent?"

"Yeah. I really think you'll enjoy it."

"This isn't just some ploy to get me into a sleeping bag with you, is it?"

"Oh, it's definitely that, but it's also a lot of fun. You said you never went camping before, right?"

He remembered that? Of course he did, he probably still has that list he started writing back in February. Mr. List Guy. "Uh huh. I'm a camping virgin."

"Umm. How many virginities do you wanna lose next weekend?"

"Well, what kind of first times are you offering?"

"I got a canoe. Ever gone canoeing?"

"Nope. That's one."

"I have a tent. I know that's a first for you. I also have a fishing rod. Ever gone fishing?"

"Nope, never. Umm. Now you're asking me to handle your rod, huh?"

"Probably the biggest rod you've ever put your hands on."

Oh god, it was getting Really difficult to keep a straight face now.

"What else you got?"

"Shore lunch?"

"Eating something fishy-tasting? Is that where this is going?"

I could see he was having trouble keeping it together now too.

"Ever been swimming in a lake? Or are you just a pool girl?"

"Hmm. No lakes, just the pool and the ocean."

"Ah, now we're getting somewhere. A lake virgin. Have you ever gone skinny-dipping?"

"There it is. Now you're trying to get me naked."

"Oh for sure. But have you done it?"

"Uh, nope. Another first time. How many is that now?"

"Seven I think."

"That's probably enough for this trip. Don't want to overdo it."

Devin looked thoughtful for a second, then said "I guess not, but one can dream."

"That's what I tell all the boys, 'dream on'."

And Devin finally dissolved into a fit of laughter that left him breathless. I joined him, and the two of us attracted some attention as we were splitting our guts outside the rec center. We finally collected our wits and he drove me home, where we had breakfast and started planning next weekend's trip before we had to head off to school for today's exam review sessions.

Of course my Dad was asking way too many questions, digging around the edges of our plans to make sure we weren't going to be involved in anything 'unseemly'. Mom intercepted his attempts to put throw a wet blanket on our weekend and we eventually had our Camping List. Yeah, Devin made another list for all the gear and food and stuff we needed. I think he had this stuff memorized by now, so I didn't worry about forgetting anything. I just worried about sharing a tent with him.

I had plans for the future, and they didn't involve the risk of pregnancy. That was one reason not to let things go too far. Another thing my plans didn't have room for was long-distance romance and the heartbreak that usually stems from that. I really liked Devin, and liked hanging out with him, and making out with him, but there were limits on what we were going to do together. I'd made that clear to him, and he agreed. Now this camping thing was happening, and I was worried.

Devin showed up,

at 4 AM Saturday morning with a canoe strapped to the roof of his car. Maybe he whined about early starts for swimming but when it came to camping he was every bit as gung-ho as I was about sports. We tossed my bag into the trunk, which had surprisingly little stuff in it. And when I say bag I mean exactly one backpack, and nothing else. That was all I was allowed to take. Off we went up north, heading for what he called the put-in. We got there around six, and soon had the canoe in the water and loaded.

There were two backpacks, a tent, a cooler which was barrel shaped for some reason, don't ask me why, a guitar case, and a box he called a wanigan stuffed into the canoe. Then there was the two of us with our life jackets and paddles. Our water bottles and a few other things were in a bag tied underneath my seat.

Off we went. The canoe was tippy as hell, and I shrieked a couple of times when it threatened to tip over. I stopped doing that because my voice echoed across the friggin lake so everyone within a couple of kilometers was probably laughing at me. Paddling was easy enough to figure out though, and we went down the lake as the sun rose and turned everything gold and dazzling. It was absolutely beautiful. Everything was so quiet and so green, it was amazing. It was cold too, at first, but warmed up quickly.

We got to the end of the lake and had to empty the canoe and portage everything over a hill about 400m to the next lake. Devin said this was the hardest one, and the rest would be easier.

"How many is 'the rest' going to be?" I asked him, hoping that loading and unloading all this stuff over and over wasn't going to be the whole trip.

"Just two more. Let's go."

And yeah the next two portages were easier, taking more time to just dump and reload gear than to actually carry it. It was like there were long ridges of rock that stuck up, separating the lakes. We eventually got to an island in the middle of a lake and pulled up to shore.

"Here we are!" he said.

We unloaded the canoe and Devin started setting up the tent. I offered to help, and he gave me directions to hold this or pull that, and we soon had the tent up. It was tiny. We unrolled our ground pads and sleeping bags and put the backpacks at the back end of the tent. I was both happy and unhappy that he seemed to be keeping us apart, at least in terms of sleeping arrangements in the tent.

Then Devin showed me how the little camp stove worked. It was so small I couldn't believe it would cook anything, but it roared like a jet engine. We had our lunch and I asked where the bathroom was. He led me to something he called a 'thunderbox'. It was a box. Literally. With a toilet seat on it. No walls, no roof, no privacy at all. There were a few shrubs and trees around, but you had a nice view of the lake from that seat. And anyone else would have a nice view of you, too.

I admonished him not to look and to go back to the tent while I did my business. As. Quickly. As. Humanly. Possible. But I must say, it was a really different experience. Not sure I was ever gonna like it.

Devin was fishing when I got back from the thunderbox. I watched him for a bit, and then he hooked a fish. It fought and jumped and it was crazy and exciting to watch. He scooped it up and held it out for me to touch. He said it was a smallmouth bass. I wasn't a sissy girl, I was a big strong athlete, so I reached out and touched it. Cold and wet, but not slimy. Well, not too slimy.

When he threw the fish back into the lake. "Aren't we planning on having fish for dinner? Don't we need that one?"

"We'll get more. Now it's your turn."

He handed me the rod and explained how to cast, then stood well back before I made my first try. It took me half a dozen attempts before I actually got the line to go out where the fish were. And it was almost half an hour before I got a bite. I was trying really hard not to get frustrated, and Devin was trying really hard not to laugh. But I eventually caught a sunfish. It was small, but it was a fish! He took a picture of me with my first fish.

"That one goes into the first-times folder along with the canoe, the tent, and the thunderbox."

"You did not take my picture there!"

"Of course I did."

I started yelling at him. "You will delete those pictures right now or so help me-"

"Devin, please." he said quietly. I realized I was being bitchy and the poor sunfish was still dangling in the air. I shut up and let him take the fish off. Then he showed me the pictures he took. And they were great, even the one of me on that stupid box. There was nothing embarrassing in them, it was just me, doing new things and actually having fun.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"That's okay, I understand. But it's gonna be difficult to get PG rated pictures of you skinny dipping. I think that will be a challenge."

"No naked pictures!"

"You get to delete anything you don't like, okay?"

"Fine."

He laughed and said "It sounds like you just agreed to go skinny dipping with me."

"Shit. I guess I did." Yeah, I was so concerned about photos I hadn't worried about that part.

He took the fishing rod and leaned it against a tree. "Time to go for a swim?" he asked as he peeled off his shirt. I'd seen him without a shirt at the pool, and he'd seen me in that teeny bikini. And in my bedroom making out topless. So this wasn't a huge step. And it was not sex, so fine, I guess I could do it.

He turned away and dropped his shorts and underwear. I must admit that I looked, because hey, he had a cute butt. I stripped off my top and the cool air hit my tits, bringing my nipples to attention. This felt wildly different than being naked indoors. He turned and looked at me, eyes wide, and he was hard. Oh, wow. He looked huge. Was I dating a porn star?

"Wow. Um, how big are you? Is that, uh, normal size?"

"Totally average, sorry to disappoint."

"No, I'm not disappointed. It's fine. It just looks, like, really big."

I held my breath and stripped the rest of the way. Wow, the cool gentle breeze felt wonderful on my skin. Skin that was being seen by a man for the first time. He took my hand and we waded out into the water. I complained loudly about how cold it was, but that just made him leap in and make a huge splash. I was used to chilly pools for practices, it keeps you from overheating, so I just dove in after him.

To be continued. Based on a post by Silver Fox Mullet, for Literotica.

Nothing in Common: Part 3

An unexpected romance.

Based on a post by Silver Fox Mullet. Listen to the Podcast at Steamy Stories.


https://archive.org/download/winter-short-stories/NothingInCommon3.jpg

Holy shit that was cold! I came up and whooped, and the sound echoed across the lake. It felt So different. Even the bikini I'd worn at the pool, which hardly counted as clothing, kept the water from flowing against a huge number of nerve endings. Nerve endings that connected directly to my libido. Wow. I whooped again, enjoying how the sound carried and how incredible the cold water felt on my nipples and my pussy.

"Good?" he asked.

I nodded and said "Yeah. Wow. Different."

Despite how wonderful it all felt, the water was still really cold, and we were done in less than ten minutes. He'd left a couple of towels hanging on a line by the tent, so we ran up the path and dried ourselves off. That left our clothes down by the shore, so we had to walk back down there to get dressed. I suspect that this was just his way of getting to see me naked a bit longer. Then again, I got to see him too. Did I mention he had a cute butt?

That erection he'd been sporting before jumping in the lake had subsided in the cold water, but it was back now. I watched him tuck himself into his shorts as I got dressed. I wanted to swim naked again before we left. That was pretty awesome.

We went for a paddle around the lake and then fished for supper. He got two of those bass, which I watched him clean. That was a gory and gruesome thing to see. I don't think I'd ever killed anything bigger than a fly, and doubted I could do that myself. True to Devin's word, fresh caught fish was delicious. Nothing like what I'd eaten before. He took more pictures of me eating those poor fish - and liking it.

After dinner we sat around the fire and he got out his guitar. He said this was his 'camp guitar' not his good one, but it sounded fine to me. He played a bunch of songs and I even knew a couple of them and we sang together. When it got dark the moon rose, nearly full, and Devin suggested going for a night swim.

It was more comfortable getting naked in the dark than in broad daylight, and as I waded out into the lake I heard the shutter sound from his cell phone camera. My first reaction was anger. I started to tell him off but he just waved me over and said "Look."

I looked. There was a silhouette of a girl wading into the water where the moon's silver light reflected off the lake in front of her. You couldn't see any details of her body, you couldn't even tell it was me. And it was beautiful. "I want this one printed and framed." he said. I agreed. It was art. We got into the water and swam around a bit. It was glorious. The feeling of the water against parts of me that never got exposed like this was incredible. I wanted to do this again someday. It was like magic. We even heard a loon calling. This time I didn't mind walking around the island naked to get to our towels and get dressed. You couldn't see much and it felt amazing. It was just a little chilly.

And chilly meant building up the camp fire and cuddling in front of it. We talked, like we usually did, about things, lots of things, everything. No, not everything. When we fell silent, I was thinking about how many new things I had done this weekend, and it was only like half over. And about some other new things I wanted to do. Things we had discussed before and agreed not to do, for good reasons.

I sat there, torn by conflicting thoughts and emotions. Finally I had to admit to myself that I wanted him. In my bed. Inside me. Just feeling that want, that need, that was new. I tried to pin down when I had changed my mind, and decided it was when he showed me that picture of me in the moonlight. He had captured a moment in my life, a special moment. And shared it with me. And I wanted more of that. Shared special moments. I knew this was partly my romantic streak, but it was also something Devin and I had built together over the last few months. Trust and sharing.

The Talk.

As the fire burned down I finally worked up the nerve to broach the subject. "Devin, can I ask you something?"

"You just did." he replied with a grin and a nudge.

"No, seriously. We need to talk."

His demeanor changed immediately. 'We need to talk' were the magic words to crush any guy's mood. "Am I in trouble?" he asked.

"Not yet. I'm worried."

"About what?"

"Tonight."

"You're afraid we'll go too far and break the rules we made."

Mister perceptive. "Something like that."

"You know I won't do that to you. Or to us. This weekend is about me showing you new things and sharing the stuff I like, with you. It's not about me getting into your pants."

"I know. I know. It's just... I enjoyed all this so much. Maybe too much. Because now I want more. Lots more."

"I know we joked around about 'first times' and 'virginities' but I was serious when I said I wouldn't take those next steps with you. We agreed."

"We did. But I want more now. I want all of it. I want everything. I want you."

"That's not something we can take back." he said.

"Yeah. I know that too."

"If you're one hundred percent behind this, then I am too."

"Really? Are you sure? I know you said you wanted to wait for the right woman. And that's not me. Not for you anyways."

"Devin. Listen to me. You are an amazing woman. Any guy who doesn't treasure you and worship you is an idiot. If I'm lucky enough to share my first time with you, I will treasure that too, beyond measure. But I have to say it again. I'll wait, if you're not 100 percent ready."

"Like my coach says all the time, 'a hundred and ten percent'."

All this talk had done two things for me. It made me cool off, so my libido wasn't in charge anymore. And it also made me dead certain that I was losing my virginity tonight. I knew I could trust Devin to make it good, to make it special. I just hoped I would make it just as special for him.

When the fire was embers and the cold began to creep in, he suggested we brush our teeth and get ready for bed. Since we had to put the fire out anyways, we spit into it as we brushed. The fire sizzled and steamed, giving off the weird scent of burnt spearmint. After a last trip to the thunderbox, we washed up, and the wash basin was dumped on the fire to finish it off.

We crawled into the tent and Devin turned on the little led lantern. This was it. My stomach was doing loop-the-loops, but it wasn't nervousness now, it was excitement. I was gonna do this. And not in any way I ever imagined, nor with anyone I would have expected. Devin rearranged the sleeping mats and zipped the bags together. Cool. I never knew they did that. Now we had one huge sleeping bag.

"This is why I chose rectangular bags for this trip instead of mummy bags. They won't do this."

"You sneaky dog! You were hoping this would happen!"

"No, I was just being prepared. I was in Scouts too long not to be."

"Okay then, Mister Be Prepared, did you think to bring condoms? Or will we have to wail till we get back to civilization?"

Devin smiled and pulled a pack of condoms out of his bag. "Be prepared" he said.

I laughed and swept my shirt off over my head. Devin followed suit. We'd both been topless numerous times with each other. Make outs were so much better with more skin in the game. I leaned back and started working my shorts and underwear off. We'd been skinny dipping twice today, so we'd finally seen each other naked. That meant this part wasn't such a big step. As that thought crossed my mind I recalled how huge Devin's cock looked. And now that squirrelly feeling in my stomach wasn't so much excitement anymore as fear.

I looked at him as he was on his back pulling the last of his clothing away from his feet. I saw he was hard. I looked down at myself. Damn, how was that supposed to fit down there? I know he said he was 'just average' but now looking across the tent, almost within arm's reach, his -thing- was positively enormous.

I guess he saw me freeze up, because he said "We can just sleep you know. We don't have to do this."

"No, it's okay, I'm just a little nervous. You're so big."

"Thank you. That's quite a confidence booster. But according to the best scientific surveys, I'm pretty close to average."

"What, like, you measured yourself?"

"Well, yeah. I'm a guy. It's kind of a rite of passage."

"And then you looked up the statistics."

"Of course."

"Nerd."

"Guilty as charged."

"I guess I shouldn't laugh, not with my teeny tits. These go unnoticed most of the time, and before you ask, yes I measured them. You need to know this stuff when you're shopping for bras."

"I keep telling you; your tits are awesome. Speaking of which, I want them pressed against me really soon. I'm getting cold sitting here."

I laughed at him again and pulled the sleeping bag open. We scrambled in and cuddled together. I don't know whose feet or hands were colder. We both squawked and complained about each other's extremities. But the naked full body contact was thrilling. I could feel his cock against my stomach as his hands wandered up and down, touching me all over. Oh my god that felt amazing!

We kissed, and the familiarity of making out calmed me down at the same time as it revved me up like crazy. At the start we were on our sides, face to face. After a while Devin was lying on top of me. He was close, so close to me down there. Knocking on heaven's door so to speak. But he didn't do anything but continue our make-out session. That got me even hotter and wetter. I knew by now that teasing was the way to really get me going, and so did Devin.

Soon, we were on our sides again, and his hands reached further and further. Going into unexplored territory. I was doing the same to him too. Touching him in places I had never had access to before. Eventually Devin pulled me on top of him. I started grinding on him, stimulating both of us. That was incredible. Sure, we'd dry-humped each other a few times, but this was so much better! He pulled me up a bit and got me to move my legs, and all of a sudden I was straddling his hips.

Now his cock was splitting my pussy lips. There was no mistaking how wet I was. We could both feel it as I rubbed up and down his shaft. I felt a tingling in my pussy that was both familiar and radically new. I quickly had an orgasm, unlike any I'd had before. My only experience with this was solo stuff, with my fingers. This was so different! Feeling his hardness right there against me, as I ground my clit on him was phenomenal! So much delicious friction between parts of us that had never touched before. It left me shaking and thrashing on top of Devin, out of breath, head spinning, and my desire to continue this was magnified tenfold. I wanted him inside me! Now!

"Where did you put those condoms?"

"Here, let me get them." he said as he gently shifted me off to the side. I laid back and waited. That tingling was still there in my pussy. Sure I was nervous, I'd heard about girls having bad first times, but I knew Devin would be careful, would take care of me. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about my hymen, as that was long gone due to the rough sports I'd played. He rolled back towards me with a packet in his hand. This was it. We were gonna do it.

Then he slid down into the sleeping bag, disappearing from my view. "Devin?"

I heard him growl down there, and suddenly he was touching my pussy. Holy fuck that was so good! I think I made some noise then, but I dunno what it was or how loud or even if it was just in my head. I felt his fingers touching me down there, where they'd never been before. That tingling escalated to a wild coruscation of energy as I came again. This time I knew I made some noise. I'd touched myself before, and yeah, it was nice, but it was nothing like this.

Devin kept going, but it was different now. At first I didn't understand, but then I realized that wonderful feeling was his tongue. I knew he understood the mechanics of sex, as we'd talked about it a bit. All of his knowledge of the opposite sex was theoretical, same as me. And now he was turning that knowledge into experience. A really really good experience! I don't know how much pleasure he was getting from this, but I was on my way to another planet as I came for the third time. That tongue of his was so wet and soft and firm and slippery as it moved around making contact with so many newly discovered nerve endings!

I discovered my hands were tangled in Devin's hair, holding him to my pussy. It's not like I was directing him or anything, I was just holding on for dear life. He kept going, touching me with his lips and tongue and fingers and he was saying something once in a while. I was in no shape to understand or answer him. I think I came a few more times before I lost it completely. I'm pretty sure I was Really loud this time. I think those things I called orgasms before were just tingly preludes to the real thing. An actual orgasm was literally mind-blowing.

I woke up some time later. The tent was dark now, so I guess Devin had shut the light off. I was curled up on my side with him spooned behind me. I wondered what I'd missed. Did we 'do it' or not?

"Devin?" I whispered.

"Hmm."

"What happened?"

"Well, I was busy with some foreplay and apparently it was so boring you fell asleep."

I rolled over to face him. "I did Not fall asleep. I passed out when you made me cum so hard."

He laughed and said "Do you still want to keep going, or was that enough?"

I considered his words. Briefly. Like for half a second. "You still have that condom?"

"Uh huh."

"Then let's go!"

I think he was soft when I woke him up, but in the few seconds we discussed this, he was hard again. He turned on the light and we fumbled around and managed to get the condom in place, then he pulled me on top of him again. "You should be in control the first time, okay?" he suggested.

I was fine with that. At least this was somewhat familiar after what we did earlier. I did the same as before, grinding on him, making those tingles build up higher and higher. His hands were all over me again. Playing with my nipples, touching me, stroking me, caressing me in so many little places. "Oh Fuck!" I said as I came again.

I was panting and shaking as I sat there astride his hips. Looking down I saw that the condom looked different. "Hey, did I get you off?"

"Oh yeah, that was awesome."

"Better get another condom then."

Once more we fumbled around trying to get the used condom off and a new one on without making a mess. He pulled me on top again and this time I reached down to position him against me. Fuck, he felt huge in my hand. How was this supposed to fit? Well, I was wetter than I'd ever been, and those orgasmic tingles were kind of a background hum now, so I pushed myself down on him.

I knew I had him in the right spot, as I was quite familiar with my own plumbing. But there was no getting him inside me. I pushed harder and harder, then suddenly he slipped in. Oh, holy fucking shit! It felt like he was splitting me wide open. I froze there, leaning on his chest, panting and shivering. That's when I felt him twitch. Which made me giggle, and he slipped in a bit further. That made me gasp as the feelings inside me kind of went boom.

Now the splitting feeling waned and this intense stuffed-full-of-cock sensation made itself known to me. That was new, and totally unexpected. He twitched again and I pulled back and pushed down once more. The tingling came back, feeling ten times better with him inside of me. I started moving up and down some more and it kept getting better and better. Soon I was bouncing on him, and those tingles were close to gaining explosive power. When I bottomed out and my clit started bumping into him I came hard.

I thought my earlier orgasms were the pinnacle of awesomeness, but nope. I could feel my pussy squeezing him, and all those nerve endings were lit up like a sparking Christmas tree inside me. On and on it went, until I found myself lying on top of Devin, out of breath like I'd just run the 440. He was cradling me in his arms, and nuzzling my neck. And he was still inside me, hard and throbbing and urgent.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Uh huh. You?"

"Oh yeah."

"You wanna keep going?" I asked him.

"As long as you want."

"I want. Can we roll over? My legs are cramping up."

When we tried to roll over he slipped out, and the sudden loss of him inside me was a shock and a disappointment. I think I moaned or something, because he laughed and tried to get himself back in place pretty quickly. Of course he missed. And missed again. And again, and again, until we were both laughing uncontrollably. I finally had to reach down between us and guide him.

And he was such a tight fit. I expected it to be tight the first time, but kind of thought it would get easier after that. No way. Between us, we managed to push and shove and work him inside me. He may have been a really tight fit, but it felt amazing. And when he started actually fucking me, holy shit, my world went wild. There was something about having him between my legs, with his weight on top of me, his arms around me, that just amplified what I'd felt earlier.

I came, and came again, and was almost ready for another explosion when he stopped and sagged onto me. I wrapped my arms around him and humped up into him to finish off what I was so close to. This one was different, because Devin's dead weight was heavy on me, and his breath was hot and fast against my neck.

We lay there, sweating, hearts hammering, wrapped up in each other's arms. "Wow." I said.

"Huh. Yah, wow." mumbled Devin.

"You're getting heavy."

"Sorry." he said as he pushed himself up. Then he reached down and eased himself out of me. That empty feeling returned, something I'd never known until he'd filled me for the first time. He got rid of the condom and we cuddled together once more. I knew we'd have to talk about this, but not tonight. Tonight was just us, together, as together as two people could get. My last thought as I fell asleep was that I was in love.

Morning came,

and I wanted Devin again. Based on his very quick reaction to my suggestion, he wanted me too. But the damned thunderbox was calling louder than our libidos. And we were both starving, plus I was a little sore from last night's unaccustomed activity. And yes, we needed to talk. So, instead of making love again, we got dressed, went to the bathroom, and started breakfast.

After we ate, we sat by the shore and just watched the lake for a while.

"You want to talk about last night?" he asked.

"Yeah. Time to talk." I sighed.

"You sound worried."

"I am worried."

"About what?"

"Us. Me. You."

He didn't say anything, he just waited. That was one of the things I liked about Devin. He was patient. He knew I wanted to talk, but he also knew that I need to think about stuff before I talk about it.

"I'm in love with you Devin." I said quietly.

"I love you, too." he said. My heart leapt in my chest. I looked at him and smiled.

"Life is going to get so complicated now." I told him.

"Maybe so. Life might also get better, too."

We sat together for a while. Then he said "When did you know?"

"When you showed me that picture you took of me in the moonlight in the water. How about you?"

"When you passed out while I was licking you."

"Really? Geeze Devin, you better come up with something more romantic. When people ask you when you fell in love with me, you can't tell them that."

"You really wanna know when I fell in love with you?"

I nodded.

"Valentine's day. The dance. That first waltz, when you smiled at me like, I dunno, like joy, like I was making you truly happy, happier than you'd ever been. It felt good to make you feel that way. And I wanted to do that forever."

"Wow. Since February? And you never said anything. Why not? Were you afraid?"

"Yeah. You didn't seem to act like you were in love with me. I thought you'd end it, push me away, if I said anything. If I said the words. If I said 'I love you'."

"I'm glad you waited for me to catch up. I think you're right, I would have run screaming if you'd used the L word on me then."

"Can I say it now, like in front of people? I love you?"

"Yes. And I'll say it back. I love you."

"At least our friends have gotten used to us being together. The love thing is something they already assume is there." he said.

"Oh god, Marr is gonna go insane. I told her I was absolutely Not going to fall in love, not even going to give it a chance until I was off to University."

We sat for a while, enjoying the view and the company. "So, what new things do you have planned for me today?" I asked him.

"Hmm. I kinda ran out of new stuff. If you want, we can have another go at some of the things we did yesterday." he said with a broad grin. Yeah, he was thinking about sex. Hell, so was I. But...

"Well, what I really want to do is have more sex." I said. His smile got even bigger. "But I'm a little sore today, so maybe we'll have to settle for paddling around the lake."

And his grin turned to a very sad face. "Sorry. Did I hurt you?" His voice were full of compassion. He really thought he'd hurt me.

"Devin, you didn't hurt me. That was the best first time any girl has ever had! I heard about some others' first times, and it sounded awful. And my Mom's 'birds and bees' talk didn't make it sound any better. A little tenderness after uncountable orgasms ranks right up there with 'awesome'."

"'Uncountable orgasms'? Wow." Devin grinned again.

"Don't get too full of yourself."

We both laughed at that and when we settled down I got serious. "I know I want to do that again, and soon. But I don't think my parents will be okay with it."

"Yeah, same here. My folks like you, but they don't think much of premarital sex."

"It's a risky business." I agreed.

"There's something else I wanted to tell you. I changed schools. I'm going to Mac now."

That was news. Huge news. I'd chosen Mac for the health program, and Devin had chosen Trent. That was one of the things that had been keeping me from going further with him. I didn't want a long-distance relationship.

I guess I was just sitting there looking stunned, because the next thing he said was "I'm sorry. We should have talked about this first." He slumped down and looked out over the water. I looked at him, and saw he was crying. Fuck. I'd hurt him, and not with anything I said or did, just by my lack of reaction to his news. How do I fix this? The hard way, obviously. By being honest.

"Yeah, we should have. You know I don't want you to take second-best when it comes to things like this. Trent was better for you, you'd have a better chance at fulfilling your dreams there."

"Which dreams?" he asked quietly. I almost didn't hear him. And now I understood.

"Really? Me?"

Devin turned towards me and said "Yes. Even if we fail, even if we end up hating each other. I want to live this dream while I can, the one where I'm with you."

"You crazy fucking romantic nerd. I love you."

We ended up wrapped in each other's arms, both of us crying now. And it was a perfect morning, a perfect day, and I told him so. "Thank you for taking such a risk for me, and for us."

We spent the rest of the morning paddling around the lake, and we went skinny dipping again after lunch. This time we dried each other off, exploring and looking at things we'd only glimpsed in the dark last night. Of course he was hard, and I was so wet and horny that I decided that I wanted to do it right there. Outside, with the sky and the trees and the lake and the breeze caressing my skin along with his hands and lips and tongue.

Devin was as eager as I was when I pushed him to the ground and mounted him. That lasted only a minute because of the bugs and the fact that the box of condoms was in the tent. But that minute was glorious. I have never felt so alive, not even when I scored in the dying seconds of a game to win a championship. All of this was so new, so incredible, so perfect!

The lack of protection and the buzzing of the insects drove us into the tent. It was about 40 degrees in there, almost sauna temperature. I don't know if that had an effect or not, but our lovemaking was fast and furious. He no sooner got the condom rolled on than I mounted him again. And, for lack of any better description, I fucked the shit out of him. It was a little tender down there at first, but once I got fully seated on him, I just went to town. For me, sex was just like any other physical sport, I was just naturally good at it I guess.

We hadn't seen a soul on the little lake so I wasn't worried about anyone hearing us. That meant I could be as loud as I wanted. And I think I was pretty exuberant. His cock felt so wonderful, giving me that stuffed-full feeling, touching all kinds of nerve endings that I never knew I had until last night. I rode him, thrusting and grinding and bouncing, and it made me cum so hard! When his hands kept roaming all over me and touching me in so many places, he just kept setting me off.

I could feel my sweat running over my skin, and it made our contact both stickier and slicker at the same time. Our pubic hair was matted together as I ground my clit against him, leaning heavily on his chest. And his hands! They were everywhere. My nipples were tingling like mad as he played with my tits, adding more stimulation to my already over-excited body. I don't know how many times I came, but eventually I ground to a halt, panting and dripping sweat on his chest.

"Oh fuck Devin. God. Too hot. Too hot." I mumbled.

"Time for a swim?"

Oh, that sounded like the best idea Ever, so I lifted off of him. His cock slipped out, sending a shock through my pussy, and leaving me with that weird empty feeling again. The end of the condom was a fat white bulge, which told me he'd cum too. We hurried to get out of the tent, the warm air outside felt cold by comparison. This time we leapt into the water, bobbing to the surface with whoops that echoed across the lake. After cooling off we dried each other again, this time more leisurely. Our urgency had abated and now we were just together. Just the two of us. It felt so good, so intimate.

It was time to go, so we packed up the tent and headed back. The portages and paddling went so much faster on the way out, and it seemed like no time at all before we were pulling out of the little parking area and heading for home. We talked a lot on the drive, about us, and about the future. The immediate future, which was mostly convoluted plans for having sex and not letting our parents find out, as well as the longer term. University. Where we would also have to make convoluted plans to get together because we would have roommates to contend with, and classes, and homework, and practices.

Now that we'd taken so many 'next steps' and done so many new things together, we wanted to do more. And not just sex. We both wanted to share as many life experiences as we could with each other. This summer was going to be the start of an adventure!

To be continued. Based on a post by Silver Fox Mullet, for Literotica.